NJAMHAA’s Annual Conference, The Ivy League of Behavioral Health, Policy, and Practice in Action, has so much to offer for individuals in all types of roles in the mental healthcare, substance use treatment and other behavioral health services system. It will be held on April 15-16, 2019 at the Crowne Plaza Princeton in Plainsboro, NJ.
Because changes are happening rapidly, you need to be strategically preparing for them. Take a much needed breather and at the same time, network to meet your partners and shape your future.
Here are some highlights of what is in store at this event:
Day 1* Keynote Presentation, Effective Strategies for Dealing with the Opioid Crisis: Prevention, Treatment and Policy Implications, by A. Thomas McLellan, PhD Founder, Treatment Research Institute and Emeritus Professor of Psychology in Psychiatry, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
* State Leadership Panel with Commissioner Carole Johnson, Department of Human Services, and Lt. Governor Sheila Oliver, Commissioner, Department of Community Affairs
* Top of their League: Courage & Compassion Awards Reception: We will be honoring the inspiring and impressive individuals listed below. Attendance is included with Day 1 conference registration.
* Frank Pallone, U.S. Congressman, Chair, House Energy and Commerce Committee, Federal Champion for Health Care Award
* Joseph F. Vitale, State Senator, Chair of the State Senate Health, Human Services and Senior Citizens Committee, State Champion for Health Care Award
* Louis D. Greenwald, Assembly Majority Leader, Leadership in Increasing Access to Substance Use Treatment Award
* John Thompson, MS, CPRS, Senior Director of Prevention and Recovery Support Services, Center for Family Services, University of Pennsylvania Quaker Award: Outstanding Peer Leader
* Dorothy Scott, Housing First Behavioral Care Specialist, South Jersey Behavioral Health Resources, Brown University Bear Award: Outstanding Direct Care Provider
* Tara Chalakani, LPC, NCC, ACS, RN, Vice President, Mental Health Services for Youth and Families, Preferred Behavioral Health Group, Yale University Bulldog Award: Outstanding Leader in Children's Services
* Sandra Marie Connolly, MD, CCHP-P, Medical Director, Northern State Prison, University Correctional Health Care, Columbia University Lion Award: Outstanding Leader in Adult Services
* SERV Behavioral Health System, Princeton University Tiger Award: Outstanding Provider of the Year
* Neva Pryor, MS, Executive Director, Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey, Inc., Leadership in Addressing Problem Gambling Award
* Jim Romer, MDiv, Former Director of Psychiatric Emergency Services, RWJBarnabas - Monmouth Medical Center, and President, Mental Health Emergency Services Association, Lifetime Leadership in Mental Health Emergency and Screening Services Award
* Keynote Presentation: This is Your Time! Susan Dreyfus, BA, President and CEO, Alliance for Strong Families and Communities, will discuss the Alliance’s signature report, A National Imperative: Joining Forces to Strengthen Human Services in America
* Plenary: What’s in Your Bag? Unpacking One Item at a Time - William Michael Barbee, Director/Producer/Author/Entrepreneur, Airmid Counseling Services, LLC, will share his battles and successes while living with severe depression.
Plus both days feature workshops on a variety of important topics!